SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at
Disclosures to Third Party Web Sites
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
How Do We Secure and Retain Your Information?
We take reasonable security measures to protect the security of your personal information. Despite Next Level Hearing’s efforts to protect your personal information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the internet may be intercepted.
We will retain your personal information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. At any time you can remove your personal information or instruct us to remove it. Next Level Hearing will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Disclosures to Next Level Hearing Operations and Maintenance Contractor
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
The Site is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. You may not use the Site for anything but for personal, non-commercial purposes. You therefore warrant to NLH that you will not use the Site for anything that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Service. We reserve the right to refuse service, discontinue transactions, terminate accounts, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 10 - Information Collected About You
INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
Protection of Information
Next Level Hearing’s physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards meet or exceed federal standards regarding the protection of customer information. We also require contractors who work with Next Level Hearing to adhere to strict privacy standards. However, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, Next Level Hearing cannot guarantee the security of our serves, the means by which information is transmitted, or any information provided to Next Level Hearing and/or to any third-party through or in connection with the Website. Any information, including Personal Information, you provide is at your own risk.
SECTION - PRIVACY
Notice of Privacy Practices – HIPPA
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA), this notice describes how health information may be used and/or disclosed and how you can access your protected heath information. Please review this notice carefully.
Next Level Hearing is dedicated to maintaining the privacy of your protected health information (“PHI”). In conducting its business, Next Level Hearing may create records regarding you and/or the services provided to you. Next Level Hearing is required by law to maintain the confidentiality of PHI. Next Level Hearing also is required by law to provide you with this notice of its legal duties and the privacy practices used to maintain your PHI.
The terms of this notice apply to all records containing your PHI that are created or retained by Next Level Hearing. Next Level Hearing reserves the right to revise or amend this Notice of Privacy Practices. Any revision to amendment to this Notice will be effective for all records that Next Level Hearing has created or maintained in the past, and for any of your PHI records created or maintained by Next Level Hearing in the future. Next Level Hearing will post a current copy of its Notice of Privacy Practices on the Website at all times, and you may request a copy of our most current Notice of Privacy Practices at any time.
If you have questions about this Notice of Privacy Practice please contact Next Level Hearing. at NextLevelHearing@gmail.com.
Next Level Hearing may use your PHI in the following ways:
- Next Level Hearing may use your PHI to properly identify the type of hearing aid best suited for you. Those who work for Next Level Hearing, including, but not limited to, technicians and assistants, may use or disclosure your PHI in order to assist others in your treatment. Additionally, Next Level Hearing may disclose your PHI to others who may assist in your care. Finally, Next Level Hearing may also disclose your PHI to health care providers for purposes related to your care.
- Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI in order to bill and collect payment for the services and items you may receive from us. For example, Next Level Hearing may contact your health insurer to certify that you are eligible for benefits and we may provide your insurer with details regarding your treatment to determine if your insurer will cover your hearing aid. Next Level Hearing may also use and disclose your PHI to obtain payment from third-parties that may be responsible for such costs. Also, Next Level Hearing may use your PHI to bill you directly for services and/or product(s). Next Level Hearing may also disclose your PHI to other health care providers and entities to assist in their billing and/or collection efforts.
- Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI to operate its business. For example, your PHI may be used to evaluate the quality of care you received from Next Level Hearing, or to conduct cost-management and business planning activities. Next Level Hearing may disclose your PHI to other health care providers and entities to assist in their health care operations.
- Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI to inform you of potential hearing aid options or alternatives.
- Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI to inform you of health-related benefits or services that may be of interest to you.
- Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI when it is required to do so by state, federal and/or local law, rule, or regulation.
- Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI under the following unique circumstances:
- Public Health Risks. Next Level Hearing may disclose your PHI to public health authorities that are authorized by law to collect information for the purpose of (i) reporting problems with products and/or devices; and/or (ii) notifying individuals if a product and/or device they may be using has been recalled.
- Health Oversight Activities. Next Level Hearing may disclose your PHI to a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law. Oversight activities may include investigations, inspections, audits, surveys, licensure and disciplinary actions; civil, administrative and criminal procedures or actions; or other activities necessary for the government to monitor government programs, compliance with civil rights laws and the health care system in general.
- Lawsuits and Other, Similar Proceedings. Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI in response to a court, regulatory or administrative order, if you are involved in a lawsuit or other, similar proceeding. Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI in response to a discovery request, subpoena or other lawful process by another party involved in the dispute, but only if Next Level Hearing has made an effort to inform you of the request and/or to obtain an order protecting the information requested.
- Law Enforcement. Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI if requested by a law enforcement official (i) regarding a crime victim in certain situations if Next Level Hearing is unable to obtain the person’s agreement; (ii) concerning a death believed to be the result of criminal conduct; (iii) in response to a warrant, summons, court order, subpoena or other, similar legal process; (iv) to identify and/or locate a suspect, material witness, fugitive or missing person; (v) in an emergency, to report a crime, including the location and/or victim(s) of the crime, or the description, identity or location of the perpetrator.
- Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI if you are or were a member of the U.S. or foreign military forces and if required by the appropriate authorities.
- Workers’ Compensation. Next Level Hearing may use and disclose your PHI for workers’ compensation and/or other similar programs.
You have the following rights regarding the PHI maintained by Next Level Hearing:
- Confidential Communications. You have the right to request that Next Level Hearing communicate with you about your PHI in a particular manner or at a certain location. In order to request a type of confidential communication, you must make a written request to Next Level Hearing specifying the requested method of contact, or the location where you wish to be contacted. Next Level Hearing will accommodate reasonable requests; you do not need to give a reason for your request.
- Requesting Restrictions. You have the right to request a restriction in Next Level Hearing’s use or disclosure of your PHI for treatment, payment or health care operations. Additionally, you have the right to request that Next Level Hearing restrict its disclosure of your PHI to only certain individuals involved in your care or the payment for your care, such as family members and friends. Next Level Hearing is not required to agree to your request; however, if we do agree, we are bound by our agreement except when otherwise required by law, in emergencies or when the information is necessary to treat you. In order to request a restriction in Next Level Hearing’s use or disclosure of you PHI, you must make your request in writing to Next Level Hearing Privacy (NextLevelHearing@gmail.com). Your request must describe clearly and concisely (i) the information you want restricted; (ii) whether you are requesting to limit Next Level Hearing’s business use, disclosure or both; and (iii) to whom you want the limits to apply.
- Inspection and Copies. You have the right to inspect and obtain a copy of your PHI that may be used to make decisions about you, including patient medical records and billing records. You must submit your request in writing to Next Level Hearing Privacy (NextLevelHearing@gmail.com) in order to inspect and/or obtain a copy of your PHI. Next Level Hearing may charge a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, labor and supplies associated with your request. Next Level Hearing may deny your request to inspect and/or copy in certain limited circumstances; however, you may request a review of its denial. A licensed health care professional chosen by Next Level Hearing will conduct reviews.
- You may ask Next Level Hearing to amend your PHI if you believe it is incorrect or incomplete, and you may request an amendment for as long as the PHI is kept by or for Next Level Hearing. To request an amendment, your request must be made in writing and submitted to Next Level Hearing Privacy (NextLevelHearing@gmail.com). You must provide the reason for your request for amendment. Next Level Hearing may deny your request if you fail to submit your request and the reason supporting your request in writing. Next Level Hearing may also deny your request if you ask to amend PHI that in its opinion is accurate and complete; not part of the PHI kept by or for its business; not part of the PHI which you would be permitted to inspect and copy; or not created by Next Level Hearing, unless the individual or entity that created the PHI is not available to amend the information.
- Accounting Disclosures. All of Next Level Hearing’s customers have the right to request an “accounting of disclosures.” An “accounting of disclosures” is a list of certain non-routine disclosures Next Level Hearing has made of you PHI for purposes not related to treatment, payment or operations. Use of your PHI as part of the routine business practices of Next Level Hearing is not required to be documents. For example, the billing department using your information to file your insurance claim. In order to obtain an accounting of disclosures, you must submit your request in writing to Next Level Hearing Privacy (NextLevelHearing@gmail.com). All requests for an accounting of disclosures must state a time period, which may not be longer than 6 years from the date of disclosure and may not include dates before April 14, 2003. The first list you request within a 12 month period is free of charge, but Next Level Hearing may charge you for additional lists within the same 12 month period. Next Level Hearing will notify you of the costs involved with additional requests, and you may withdraw your request before you incur any costs.
- Right to a Paper Copy of this Notice. You are entitled to receive a paper copy of Next Level Hearing’s Notice of Privacy Practices. You may request a paper copy at any time by contacting Next Level Hearing Privacy (NextLevelHearing@gmail.com).
- Right to File a Complaint. If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. To file a complaint with Next Level Hearing, submit your complaint in writing to Next Level Hearing Privacy (NextLevelHearing@gmail.com).
- Right to Provide an Authorization for Other Uses and Disclosures. Next Level Hearing will obtain your written authorization for uses and disclosures that are not identified by this Notice and/or otherwise permitted by law. Any authorization you provide to Next Level Hearing regarding the use and disclosure of your PHI may be revoked at any time in writing. After you revoke your authorization, Next Level Hearing will no longer use or disclose your PHI for the reasons described in the authorization.
If you have any questions regarding this Notice of Privacy Practices please contact Next Level Hearing Privacy (NextLevelHearing@gmail.com).
Newsletters & Emails to You
At registration and at various times as you use the Website, you will be given the option of providing us with Personal Information in order to receive recurring informational/promotional content via email from Next Level Hearing. When you sign up for our email newsletters on the Website or at any time, you can choose to opt out of receiving additional promotional newsletters from Next Level Hearing or our Sponsors.
You can unsubscribe from a newsletter by:
- Following the directions included at the bottom of the newsletter.
Contacting Next Level Hearing About Your Personal Information or Privacy